Indo Metall Enterprise recommends that purchasing and supply management professionals should be able to identify sound reasons for embarking on supplier development process such as:
- Improving supplier performance.
- Reducing costs.
- Resolving quality issues.
- Developing new routes to supply.
- Improving business alignment between the supplier and the buying organization.
- Developing a product or service not currently available in the marketplace.
- Generating competition for a high priced product or service.
- Dominating the marketplace.